CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Thankful Thursday

This is a new idea that my bff started...Thankful Thursday. It is your day to be able to tell everyone in bloggy land what you are most thankful for. Each Thursday gives you an opportunity to look around at what God has blessed you with the most and tell about it. Jump in on the fun. You can grab her button on her blog, "Momma Needs A Time Out."

Today in honor of my bff, this blog will be about how thankful I am to have her in my life! Afterall, today is her birthday, so everyone jump over and wish her a Happy Birthday!!!

See What Had Happened Was.....it all started out with her sister in law, Kelly...we were best friends all throughout high school and grade school. Kelly decided to move on to Colorado to explore vet school. My best friend was leaving me, what would I do? Then God decided to bless me with another best friend! Cassandra and David were getting married and moving back to Alabama at the exact same time my other bff was leaving me. Cassandra and I instantly connected in a way that I cannot even explain. It ended up that we got married about 6 weeks apart from each other, so we already had that in common...the stresses of planning a wedding. I remember right after she got married, she really hardly knew me. She happened to be at the church helping out the day before I got married...I really can't remember why she was there to tell you the truth, it was all a big blur to me. I started flipping out because the decorating wasn't going how I wanted it, one of my moms friends made rice bags and I didn't want that, I wanted bubbles...I remember sitting on the back pew just crying. So, Cassandra just happened to be there and someone told her to take me away from the church and go get pedicures....I think that is truly where it all started! It's all history from there...really! We instantly bonded and have been unseperable ever since. Cassandra and I have been through many good times and bad times in life. God knew that I needed a bff like her in my life...she's always got her head on straight and can give the best advice ever! She has been there with me through everything! God knew I needed her. I've been through three pregnancies, only one of which we have a beautiful baby boy from. The other two, well, they were just nightmares. She was with me through all three even when she was hurting from a loss herself just a month earlier than my loss. My son was born with a kidney disease and has been through 2 surgeries and TONS of doctors appointments, she has been with me EVERY step of the way. She has driven the long haul to Birmingham with me more than anyone else. (That's the blessing of being a SAHM). To say that she's always there for me is an understatement. I can never explain to her how grateful I am to have her in my life. We have had great times together too...a great trip to Texas together and several beach trips, just the girls...girls nights out, shopping when we just need to get away from the house, wow, the memories are endless!!! It's so good to truly have a bff in life that you can do anything with!

So, today, I can truly say that I am thankful for my bff, Cassandra! Happy Birthday!!! I love you more than you will ever know! God truly had a sense of humor when he made us friends! You are my confidant, my shoulder to cry on, my partner in crime, my reasoning when I'm not able to, my true bff!!! I love you!
Photobucket


3 Others saw what had happened:

Cass said...

What are you trying to make me cry? Cause it worked! Thank you for those sweet words, I am so thankful for you & that God brought us together! It's only be 7 yrs but I can't imagine my life with out you! Heres to another 70 yrs, causing trouble in the nursing home! LOL! Love you!

LadyStyx said...

Awwwww! What a wonderful tribute to a bff!!

Amy said...

Cassandra is a huge blessing in many lives, especially mine. Funny that I can picture you two sitting in your wheel chairs in the nursing home reeking havoc! I think I will be there just laughing at you two!! May God continue to bless your friendship!

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments!