CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Today is Thankful Thursday! This was created by my bff Cassandra. Jump in on the fun and tell us what you are most thankful for today!

I am going to write about my most wonderful mother! My mom is one of the if not the most important person in my life! Aside from my husband and son of course! I was raised in a very good Christian home with a wonderful upbringing. My mother was the mother when growing up she wasn't your friend, she was your mother, your leader, your punisher, your guard, your comforter, your strength, your shoulder to cry on, she was my everything! My mother spanked, punished, grounded, took things away, yelled, got her point across, taught and raised us in a way that we learned to respect, appreciate, love, care for others and love Jesus with all our heart! My mother is my hero!

I always told my mom once I was older and married, "Thank You!" for spanking me, punishing me, grounding me and not being my friend. Thank you for all those times that you had to set me straight no matter how hard it was for you to have to be the "mean" one. Thank you! If it were not for her, I would not be the person that I am today.

I talk to my mother every single day at least twice a day usually! I have to talk to her every day or I would be lost! My mother is the best grandmother ever! She loves her grandchildren just like they were her own. She loves them, yet she will punish them to when it is needed! My mother is not scared to stand up to anyone to protect her children and ALWAYS has just the right answers and advice when we ask for it. My mother has been there for me my entire life and continues to do so! She was there every step of the way for us when Caden was born with his kidney disease. She was my voice when I couldn't do anything but cry, she was the one that would listen to all the doctors as the hosptial when I wasn't able to "listen." She was the one that comforted me during the hard times with our son. She is the one who is going with me today to see my baby's heartbeat for the first time (my hubby couldn't get off work) and she is the one who will be there when our baby is born! (Along with about 10 others...no joke!)

I love and respect my mother more than any other person I know. My mother means everything to me and I thank God everyday for giving me the mother that He gave me! She has raised 4 beautiful girls into 4 beautiful women! She can do anything in my book!

Mom, I love you!



Photobucket

6 Others saw what had happened:

Cass said...

Great post! Funny how our Mom's are so alike, that's why we get along so well!!!!

Anonymous said...

SO sweet! You are so blessed to call her mom.

McMrs said...

Great post! What a wonderful mother you have :)

Jane In The Jungle said...

Happy Mother's Day!!

Jane In The Jungle said...

Hey Sheila, Just checking in on ya!

Claremont First Ward said...

What a blessing to have such a wonderful mother!

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments!